Fairly new iPhone not working.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by ZaNIXProduction, Nov 30, 2014.

1. ZaNIXProduction macrumors newbie

Hello, I'm not sure if this is the appropriate place to ask for help on this ongoing problem of mine I just signed up a moment ago. My problem is that I got an iPhone from my sister n law and I got it broken, she says that her daughter/my niece held the iPhone and locked / unlocked it a bunch of times causing the iOS to crash. There is no signs of physical damage inside or outside the iPhone at all. I tried all the standard stuff with the sleep / home buttons and restoring in itunes which hasn't worked (iTunes kept throwing out a different error each time and the iPhone shows up as n/a in iTunes) I also tried a bunch of stuff with red snow. What the iPhone only does is it picks up in the computer it will not light up at all I never see any screen action when trying to get it to do something I thought it could be a battery issue so I bought a new one from a respectable company and tried that out but still no luck, it picks up in my computer as iphone 4 and n/a if anyone can help me with this it would make my day, thank you in advanced.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Love the title.
    Fairly new iPhone?
    The iPhone 4 is over 4 years old and out of warranty.
    If it doesn't restore then most likely has a hardware issue.
    Bring it to Apple or an iPhone repair shop to have it fixed.
    Not much you can do software wise. How did you get it broken?
    What she told you is a lie. Clicking the power or home button a bunch of times would not cause it to break and not be able to restore to factory settings via iTunes. And since you opened it and messed with it already Apple won't touch it. Your only option would be to bring it to a 3rd party repair shop to have them check it out.

3. Chatter macrumors 6502a

3rd party store. You probably are screwed but hope they can help.

4. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

AFAIK the iPhone 4 was still sold less than two years ago, so it could have very well been one of those models...

Anyway, it is undoubtedly out of warranty, as has been said. If you are confident you installed the replacement battery correctly I would think it wouldn't really be worth your money to have repaired.

5. ZaNIXProduction thread starter macrumors newbie

Found the problem! its screwed tho :/

It's Ripped cable near the screen cables on the inside.

6. lordofthereef macrumors G5

lordofthereef

Replacement screens are pretty cheap.