Several weeks ago, I encountered a great deal of misery on my G3 iBook, Mac OS X 10.3.9 my Mail.app stopped retrieving messages from the POP server. My dialup ISP support person concluded that the "queue was choking on a humongous file." I didn't have a clue what that meant, but apparently a message with several images (3.9 MB) was the culprit. Somehow, it finally became unchoked and I thought everything would be okay. I was wrong. I soon noticed that that status bar was still displaying the troublesome 3.9 MB file and attempting to download it from the POP server despite the fact it had already been downloaded and was safely parked in my Inbox. I also noticed that the Activity Viewer was tirelessly churning away on a lost cause. For what it's worth, the following file is apparent still causing mischief: "46 messages Fetching 1 of 28: FWD: New Addition to The Smith Family." Meanwhile, none of my incoming mail is getting through. I have no problem sending, only receiving. I will be grateful to whoever knows how to cope with this and helps me overcome it.