Faiulre during partition resize

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Xiudo, May 6, 2013.

1. Xiudo macrumors newbie

Xiudo

I was attempting to do a boot camp install of Windows 7. Everything was going well.

I have a MBP with my superdrive removed. I put a Samsung 250GB SSD in the Primary slot of my MBP and in the Superdrive slot i put my 750 Apple HDD that came with the system.

I made a 30GB partition on my SSD for my Windows7 System volume Via Boot Camp assistant. Installed Windows7 everything hunky dory (except for GT650m support but thats a whole different issue)

completing the install left me with about 1.5GB of useable space on the C:\ partition. Fine, So i rebooted back in to OSX to make another partition. I opened up trusty Disk Utility Selected my 750GB HDD. Selected partition then Selected the + Dragged around the bar till I had a nice healthy 100GB for a new partition. Selected "Free Space" so i could format it for NTFS once I was back in windows. Then I selected Apply.

Then all hell broke loose...( :D i have a backup of my "HDD" data so i am not a huge problem)

For what ever reason the resize failed. :mad: Now When i go into Disk Utility it shows my HDD as 341.85 GB in size with 1 partition but does not see the rest of the HDD's 400GB of free/unused missing space.

So i boot into windows and low and behold my HDD still has the proper 750GB size one of them being 610 GB of space which would make sense to be the volume that should have been after the resize completed.

:confused: I am at a loss I would prefer not to formatt the disk. But i will if i must. Since Disk Ulitity does not see the Volume for formatting properly i was going to go into windows and Format it to 0's then boot back into mac and formatt it as Journaled.

Any thoughts?

Thanks! :D

----------

Here are some screens shots

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Xiudo thread starter macrumors newbie

Xiudo

Well...I ended up formatting the Drive and coping over my data again