Fake Apple in-ear headsets

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Aor26, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Aor26 macrumors member

Many people in my country are selling those Chinese "Apple" headsets which can be found at eBay for 5$, and their bussiness are looking good :D
    So it made me think that there might be a reason that so many people are buying this.

So, if any of you have had experienced with those, I have a few questions about them:

:apple:How is the sound quality? And how is it in comparison to the original Apple's product?
    :apple:If I'll be listening to music loudly, will people around me hear it like they do when I use the original iPhone 3GS headsets?
    :apple:Is the sound quality better \ worse than the headsets you get with the iPhone 3GS?

Thanks.

2. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

i purchased a pair of the generic 5 dollar "apple" in ear headphones off of ebay. They came in the similar triangle style case and look pretty much exactly like the real thing. They dont come with different size ear gels but the ones included worked fine for me. When i put them on, there is a noticeable blocking of sound. Almost like having earplugs in. They work well and are very loud since the sound is being channeled right into the ear canal. When worn, other people around wont really be able to hear due to this channeling that is occurring. I thought they sounded pretty good, as good or a little better than the standard 3GS set. The only downside is that while they do include the microphone and built in remote like the original 3G headphones, they dont include the volume up and down controls. No biggie though. I am happy with the 5 dollar purchase and they were worth it to me.

3. Aor26 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks.
    So you say that you hear really well, even better than the original 3GS headsets, but they don't have a volume control but only phone and song backward and forward control?

4. leons macrumors 6502

5. Aor26 thread starter macrumors member

It's being sold at eBay.
    What would a link help? =\
    If you want to see it in eBay so you can search "in ear iphone headsets" and you'll see that there are headsets which are sililar to apple's original but for like 5 dollars.

6. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Right.
    They have the clicky mic like the original headsets. They sound good, you can answer and end calls, go forward and reverse songs.

The person i purchased them from on ebay is not longer a seller, but here is the same thing from other buyers.

Ebay 1

Ebay 2

Ebay 3

7. Aor26 thread starter macrumors member

Thanks alot.
    So do you recommend getting one?:)

8. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Yeah, for the price, i think they are pretty nice. Can you get a nicer pair of headphones? Sure, but they are going to cost anywhere from 40-300 or more dollars. Im not interested in spending a bunch of money on headphones, so i was very happy with these for the price.

9. Shenaniganz08 macrumors 6502

you get what you pay for

I'm pretty sure that even $50 headphones are going to sound better

I've had a bad experience with chinese knockoff headphones, they all sound like $10 sony headphones from 1995

10. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Absolutely, and i think for the price they are a good deal. Yes 50 dollar headphones are going to probably sound better, but they should, they are 45 more dollars! These sound better than the stock headphones, they isolate sound, and they are a different fit than the stock headphones. Because of these reasons, i feel ok recommending them for 5 dollars.

11. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

dont go with anything that is a cheap chinese $5 IEM, they sound even worse than the included iphone headset and will break in a week

12. dhartung02 macrumors 6502

Have you tried these or are you generally speaking......