Fake charger cord freezes iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Nickk, May 27, 2014.

1. Nickk macrumors newbie

I noticed my iPhone doesn't unlock at once now that I bought a fake charging cord.
    The cord that I bought doesn't have a fork. I don't need to purchase the "fork" part of the charger cause the Apple authentic one hasn't completely split yet.
    The cord is the cheapest the money can buy. On the same street market there are other fake cords, three times as more expensive. I decided to buy the cheapest USB cord cause I haven't heard this "forkless" part of the charge set "underpowers" the iPhone. As for the part of the cord set which is to be plugged in, I'm aware the counterfeit charger doesn't provide enough power.
    Really, looking at my fake part of the charger I don't see what can cause my iPhone to freeze like it started to do now.
    And here's how it freezes: not only it doesn't unlock, the iPhone doesn't simply react anyway when I press the home button. I noticed this issue only twice.

2. Mildredop macrumors 68020

So you have a fake charger too?

3. Nickk thread starter macrumors newbie

No, Mild. The charger is authentic. Only the cord is fake. I see the reason for this misunderstanding: unfortunately, I don't know how my fake USB - iPhone part of the charger is called, that's why my topic is about a charger.

4. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

Throw it away. You want to know why a piece of crap cable is causing issues?:rolleyes: Wow.

5. Zmanbaseball2 macrumors 68040

Zmanbaseball2

6. toomanyphones macrumors member

Cheap can become expensive.

STOP USING IT NOW. TROW IT AWAY. A coworker fried his iPhone 5S by using a knockoff cable he picked up at a flea market.