Fake Charger?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by JHummer, Nov 14, 2011.

1. JHummer macrumors member

I tried searching the forums for an answer, but couldn't find one. I was wondering how you could tell if an iPhone charger is real or fake. I have 2, one I got off of ebay with model number A1265 and one that came with my 4S with model number A1385. Is there a reason that the two numbers are different?

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

There are two different models of the newer iDevice chargers. The original ones where recalled because of their pins detaching in the outlet. These where included with the iPhone 3G and sold around that time. By the time the 3Gs came out, this problem was corrected. The recalled ones lack a green dot on them, where the fixed ones have this dot.

3. JHummer thread starter macrumors member

Both of the chargers have the green dot on them.

4. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

My launch day 3Gs' charger's model number is A1265. I don't think you got a fake one, maybe just an older one.

5. JHummer thread starter macrumors member

The reason I ask is because my friend also got a 4S and his was the A1265. The only thing I can think of is he is on AT&T and I am on Sprint, but I don't see how that would have much to do with it.

6. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

My AT&T iPhone 4S charger is model number A1385.

7. PhoenixMac macrumors 65816

I don't think there is big profit in making fake iPhone chargers, I could be wrong though.

8. JHummer thread starter macrumors member

Okay so there shouldn't be any harm towards the phone itself. Thank you for your help.

9. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

Nothing to worry about. They're both standard USB chargers.