Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JHummer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
I tried searching the forums for an answer, but couldn't find one. I was wondering how you could tell if an iPhone charger is real or fake. I have 2, one I got off of ebay with model number A1265 and one that came with my 4S with model number A1385. Is there a reason that the two numbers are different?

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
There are two different models of the newer iDevice chargers. The original ones where recalled because of their pins detaching in the outlet. These where included with the iPhone 3G and sold around that time. By the time the 3Gs came out, this problem was corrected. The recalled ones lack a green dot on them, where the fixed ones have this dot.

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
My launch day 3Gs' charger's model number is A1265. I don't think you got a fake one, maybe just an older one.

JHummer

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 16, 2011
The reason I ask is because my friend also got a 4S and his was the A1265. The only thing I can think of is he is on AT&T and I am on Sprint, but I don't see how that would have much to do with it.

PhoenixMac

macrumors 65816
Mar 7, 2010
I don't think there is big profit in making fake iPhone chargers, I could be wrong though.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.