fake element case vs. original spigen

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by ahmetcan, Aug 30, 2013.

1. ahmetcan macrumors newbie

Hi guys. I want to buy bumper for my iphone 5. I don't have enough money for original element case so help me with choosing which one i should buy. Which one is protect better ?

2. Kealohilani macrumors 6502

I had this bumper for my IPhone 5

http://www.amazon.com/SPIGEN-SGP-SGP10082-Linear-iPhone/dp/B00AI2XMM8/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&qid=1377874397&sr=8-11&keywords=spigen+iphone+5+bumper

Kept the sleek look of the phone but I dropped it one time and the second it hit concrete the bumper broke apart (because it's 2 pieces that kind of snap together. The bumper went flying and my once pristine phone had a decent ding and some scratches to the top right corner of the phone. Don't have the phone anymore since I sold it to buy the 5s but it definitely hurt the resale value. Some of Spigen's other bumpers are great but I would definitely stay away from the 2-piece ones that snap together that they have. That's just my experience though. They may have worked great for others, but I wouldn't buy one again.

3. ahmetcan thread starter macrumors newbie

What about element case sector 5. It has screws. Will it break apart if i drop ? And i m talking about a replica one because i can't buy a original one.

4. archrider macrumors 6502a

archrider

I've used both the genuine and the replica. They both look great and i use the real one all the time now. the cases cause no signal degradation, one of the few aluminum cases to truthfully claim this. The genuine one came with built in cushioning material and adhesive applied rash guard material. The fake one didn't have the cushioning but I think some do. The polymer links seem very strong on both versions.

In my opinion the real Element bumper and a fake one with cushions make a very strong bumper. Some of the more sturdy Element adhesive backs form great protection. If you just go the bumper route I would at least apply a clear skin protection over the back aluminum.

I have experience with many cases and bumpers but not Spigen. The Element is the best, but I haven't dropped my Phone.