Fake ipad

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Nychot, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Nychot macrumors 6502a

i responded to an ad for a 32 gb iPad 2 on craigs list. the guy said several months left on the 1 year warranty. i asked him to send me the serial number which he did and i called apple and they said it was not valid. i emailed the guy back and he said he bought it from apple. he said he would get in touch with apple and demand to find out what was wrong. he emailed me today and said they told him the serial number was invalid. either he bought a knockoff or....???? anyone have any idea ???

2. EIGHTYTHREE macrumors member

EIGHTYTHREE

Just walk away. There are plenty other 32GB out there. Why deal with the nonsense. If it dont feel right to you, then move on. Apple arldy told you serial # wasnt valid. That along, is enough info to walk away from this.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

Sounds like the fellow you spoke with has a problem to work out with Apple.

Don't make it your problem.

If you feel a strong need to rescue something, go adopt a dog or cat. It'll be more rewarding.

Move on to another craigslist or ebay seller. A lot of them have their heads up the you-know-whats in terms of pricing. Check out Best Buy open box ipad 2's also -- I picked up a mind 16GB Wifi today for same price as an Apple refurb.

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

I agree.

5. MS2083 macrumors regular

Save your money and get the New 3rd Generation Model...

I'm guessing that guy bought it on a trip to China!

6. Dextor143 macrumors 6502

It's older brother of hiphone named hipad.

Ps: if you don't know what hiphone is then google it.

7. Buildbright macrumors 6502a

8. Redrum509 macrumors regular

If you are really interested in that ipad just have him meet you at the apple store and have a employee look at it. If they give you the ok than buy it. Maybe hes reading the serial number wrong? who knows.