Fake iPhone 5

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by aaps59, Aug 31, 2011.

1. aaps59 macrumors regular

aaps59

Heya, Im posting tonight because I need help!
    I attended the Engadget Reader Meet up in NYC last week, and if anyone else was there, they should be able to remember what Im about to bring up. One of the writers ((The one that is stationed in Hong Kong, Richard Lai)) had a fake iPhone 5, but it was unlike most of the fake iPhone 5's I've been able to find, and Im really interested in getting one just like it.
    I contacted him about it, and I believe he bought it strait from a market in China. He doesn't know the specific name of the device, and neither do I. I was wondering if anyone on this forum would be able to know what it is by eye, or be able to help me on my quest to finding one for sale on the internet. I don't really care if it comes from China, I just want one!
    If its really impossible to find, I would really appreciate of people could post something similar to it, thats as thin or thinner to it please!
    Im posting several pictures from the meet up that hopefully will help! ((Sorry about the poor focusing!))

2. aaps59 thread starter macrumors regular

aaps59

Im uploading pictures to my flickr account, because something isn't working for me on the forum. Il have the link posted soon.

Im serious about this. I did actually look into it before coming to you guys..

3. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

why be so picky? ... seen one fake iPhone 5 ... seen them all :cool:

4. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

5. aaps59 thread starter macrumors regular

aaps59

Not a real fake? Kind confusing heh, what do you mean?

6. savannahg3 macrumors newbie

savannahg3

By the time you find the "real fake" one you are looking for.... the REAL one will be here! Woo hooo..... :D

7. Usual macrumors member

I would never go for a fake one. Even one reason is enough: SAR!

8. aaps59 thread starter macrumors regular

aaps59

Heh, I mainly want it as an novelty item.

9. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

I'd also be interested in finding this phone. I have edited some of those photos to get a more accurate image of what it actually looks like, but they're on my other computer and I'll post them tomorrow.

For the lulz of course.