fake Iphone apps on ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by macfan881, Feb 21, 2009.

1. macfan881 macrumors 68020

I rember back when jail break came out pre 2.0 there was a way you can install the Iphone apps like the Call SMS and Camera on the ipod touch is there any way you can do that now? i just like to have that lil icons dunno why.;)

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

this is the kind of pointless and time wasting thing I despise when people jailbreak.

3. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

My Response

Jailbreaking is the absolute worst thing you could do to your Apple Product. I highly suggest not doing it and staying within the warranty.

On the subject of "fake iPhone APP's on the iPod Touch all I can ask is "why?" Why would you want APP's that do not work or serve any purpose on the iPod Touch? They would simply take up space on your Hard Drive and increase the already high chance of glitches and bugs on your hacked device...

4. Four20 macrumors 6502a

Four20

don't listen to that guy. . .jailbreak all you want. restoring your device is like going back in time(renewing your warranty) :p

5. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

[​IMG][​IMG]

Do what you want, I gave you my advice.

I just don't find disrespect cool.

6. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

again post here if you know the answer ive already Jailbroken so i dont need to hear bout it

7. Benguitar Guest

Benguitar

Answer-

"Want the little icons?"

-Get an iPhone.

8. macfan881 thread starter macrumors 68020

again i would like a clear answer i dont wanna hear jail breaking is not cool that's why there is a ipod touch forums if you dont like it don't post in this forum and i would get a iphone but cant afford it so again please stop Trolling and post when u can post something usefull to my question.

9. Tokiopop macrumors 68000

Tokiopop

Seriously. It's no where near the worst thing you can do, probably one of the best things. The worst thing would be to set it alight, and post it in an old fogies home :rolleyes: I'm not sure if he cares about what you think, and there's no need to start attacking him if he wants to do something it HIS iPod. you don't want to Jailbreak, fine, don't do it. But leave us alone whilst your at it ;)

Benguitar, if you don't like people doing what they like with something that they bought and own, get out of the hacks forum then.

He's obviously already Jailbroken, so don't tell him not to. There's nothing wrong with it legally (despite the claims from Apple) or morally. There's nothing "disrespectful" it modifying a device you own.

You're not helping this person in anyway, and I don't think he's going to be interested in your thoughts about Jailbreaking. :rolleyes:

OP, the only thing I can think of is getting some "Blank Icons" from Cydia, and changing the icon file (via SSH) to something like the phone app image from an iPhone. Then repeat with every iPhone only app you want to appear on your iPod. However, they wont be functional in anyway shape or form :)