Fake SMS with times and dates possible?? Please Help

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by KELLYJAMES30, May 18, 2012.

1. KELLYJAMES30 macrumors newbie

Hello....my new boyfriend has apparently been texting his ex girlfriend for the whole time we have been together...The ex has forwarded these messages to me...she has an iphone as do I, my boyf has a Nokia...He swears he did not send these texts and claims the ex has managed to alter the dates and times of the texts to look as though they were sent recently..and also claims she has altered the text content..The ex has now admitted that her friend who has an Android phone managed to download an app and create this conversation and sent it to her iphone, where she then forwarded the messges to me in the form of a screen shot from the message feed....IS THS AT ALL POSSIBLE,,,,,??? Help!

2. knimetimmy macrumors member

The only way I would think somebody could alter screen shots from an iPhone to fool you would be photoshop, and they would have to be pretty good photoshop to pull it off. As for the app, there may be such an app out there send her friend fake texts under your boyfriends number, and she could have screen capped those. But I dont know if there is so I cant help there, sorry.

-Knine

3. ZCherub macrumors 6502a

ZCherub

1. There is no such app to my knowledge

2. IMO, your real solution is a more mature boyfriend with less baggage.

Good luck.

4. rgctx macrumors regular

All she has to do is save another number under his name, text herself from that number. Yes it's possible and simple.

5. petrucci666 macrumors 6502a

I agree, it's dead simple.

6. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

Simple but is it probable? Sorry to hear you're in that situation...

7. pgiguere1, May 18, 2012
    Last edited: May 18, 2012

pgiguere1 macrumors 68020

pgiguere1

There are websites like http://www.fakeiphonetext.com/ that can do fake texts, but none I know also display time. Also, I don't think there's a single Android app that does fake iPhone texts (I just checked on Google Play).

Did you confront your boyfriend about this before the ex "admitted" the fake text thing? If you did, my guess is that your boyfriend forced her ex to lie to you so that he wouldn't get in trouble with you, possibly threatening her with anything so that she complies.

If the ex is telling you that, it's because she wants you to break up with your boyfriend so she can get back with him. She's still interested, so it would have been easy for your boyfriend to threaten her with something like "Tell my girlfriend all this was a lie and that the screenshots were manipulated otherwise I'm not talking to you ever again".

If however the ex admitted the fake screenshot thing even before your boyfriend was aware that you and his ex were texting each other, disregard what I just said and assume that his ex isn't over him and a bit crazy. It happens often, but so do guys cheating with their ex.

8. Guiyon macrumors 6502a

If she sent them to you as a screenshot, it is painfully easy to fake those. Just got to this site (fakeiphonetext.com), enter the conversation you would like to create, then then hit the 'Create' button.

Edit: Looks like pgiguere1 beat me to it.

9. CyBeRino macrumors 6502a

On a jailbroken iPhone it is incredibly easy to add fake text messages. They're stored in a sqlite database that does not hide anything.

10. verwon macrumors 68030

verwon

If you're this worried now, the relationship is going nowhere and should be ended!

11. b24pgg macrumors 65816

Yes, it's very easy in fact. I would be very skeptical of what she sent. It sounds to me like the ex is trying to sabotage the relationship.

12. AlmightySR macrumors newbie

How??

13. Smokey88 macrumors newbie

Smokey88

How to do jailbreak on a Note4, how to fake text, plz advice

14. FLYING SE7EN macrumors regular

FLYING SE7EN

You respond to a FIVE year old thread, in an iPhone forum, and ask how to jailbreak a Galaxy Note 4?

I feel like we're being punk'd.