Fall back

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jav1231, Nov 4, 2012.

1. jav1231 macrumors newbie

Very disappointed that my iPhone failed to fall back the time automatically today. I checked settings and my TZ was set to ETc/GMT+4 instead of "New York." Set Automatically was turned ON. I turned that OFF then back ON and it reset to New York and the time corrected.

Losing sight of the little things over at Apple?

2. blaake macrumors regular

What iPhone do you have and which OS? I have an iPhone 5 with automatic TZ changing OFF, and it still changed my time for me.

3. jav1231 thread starter macrumors newbie

I have a 4S. I had it to Set Automatically which I thought was for the time. Either way, it failed to reset the time and put me in the right time zone. Turning that off and on fixed it immediately but it's a failure in my mind. FWIW, I did update iOS last night to 6.01. But I was on the phone afterwards so it should have reset. My iPad reset with no issue as did my computer.

4. blaake macrumors regular

Sounds like you hit one of those "one in a million" occurrences. If someone else replies with your same issue then you know there is a major problem. You can try to google it and see if anyone else had this problem but i think youre in the clear for the future

5. Icehawk macrumors member

Icehawk

Same problem. Tapping "set automatically" on and off fixed it. Happened to my brother and mother as well.

All on 4S's running 6.0.1.