Fall foliage in New York

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Rowbear, Oct 18, 2015.

1. Rowbear, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 18, 2015

Rowbear macrumors 6502a

Rowbear

I'll be in New York city from October 22th to the 26th and I'm wondering if the leaves have started to change colors already for beautifull photography. Anyone from NY knows ?

Thanks

2. Ray Brady macrumors 6502

Yep, the foliage has already begun. You'll be getting the tail end of it by the time you get here, but you're still going to see some color.

3. someoldguy macrumors 65816

I'm about 5 miles out of Manhattan in NJ .Just looked my back door , we're not at peak color yet , but there was a frost last night so things should color up real fast now . You should be in good shape .

4. kenoh macrumors demi-god

kenoh

Hope the colours hold out for a few more weeks... I will be there on the 13th...

5. AlliFlowers Contributor

AlliFlowers

I was in NY this past weekend to visit my kids. We visited the old homestead, and stopped at the state line scenic lookout while driving around. The colors were at their peak, and looking great.

IMG_2168.JPG IMG_2169.JPG

6. kenoh macrumors demi-god

kenoh

I worked at Pepsi in Somers at the turn of the millenium and they had this lake with an island and as summer turned to autumn the trees on the island turned this amazing red colour. Never seen anything so beautiful before or since.