FallBall! Now Available!! $.99

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by Buschmaster, May 31, 2009.

1. Buschmaster macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Edit:
    It's available now:
    http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=318138261&mt=8

Check it out and I'm sure you'll love it! :)

Hi guys, we have a new game coming out very soon called FallBall!
    [​IMG]

We've been working on the game quite a while and it is very cool.

Here's a website of info on it:
    http://mintapps.com/fallball/

And here's a summary of it:
    FallBall is a classic game of racing a ball through a course as you fall. Weave your way through the course and guide your ball through the holes in the course as you are falling. The object of the game is to not hit your ball with the top of the screen.

Move the ball left or right by tilting your iPhone/iPod Touch left or right. As you are falling you will notice random tokens appear in the course. These tokens can be good or evil. Some examples of tokens may include a good one that adds points or returns the course to its original speed, or an evil token which will invert the controls.

FallBall also creates competition all across the world. Compare your high scores with high scores of players all over the world and compete for the highest score of the day, week, or all time.

FallBall also has great music, featuring background music from Ronald Jenkees. For more information on Ronald Jenkees go to RonaldJenkees.com

Here's a screenshot of in the game:
    [​IMG]

We also made a quick promotional video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnD133d9TL4

(Sorry the video isn't that great, I'm no video editor and I don't have a great camera for recording it, it was also hard to keep playing while watching the cameras screen and tilt the device everywhere :eek:)

In case you don't watch the video, it will be available soon for $.99. The game has some others in the app store like it, but this game features very good physics, extra features, and is very polished. I hope it is well received.

Thanks for checking it out.:)

2. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Is this like a kicked up version of Falldown for the TI-83/83+/84/84+? That is what is looks like, and if it is, ROCK ON!

3. JCastro macrumors 6502a

Looks like it could be fun. Look forward to checking it out. Keep us informed as the process goes along.

4. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Yep! That's absolutely what it is! I think you'll find it is VERY "kicked up." The physics on the game are fantastic, it plays smoothly, and anyone can play it and have a good time.

Will do! It has been submitted and we hope it can be approved before the weekend.

I will be sending a lot of promo codes out to review sites, but I will definitely post the rest of the codes here. I'll try to make a few extra videos as well.:)

5. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Hey guys, just wanted to post an update for everyone... We still haven't heard from Apple. Many people have asked what's going on and all I guess I can say is that we're waiting...

6. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

7. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

8. JCastro macrumors 6502a

I got it today. I want to play it a little more before I really judge it. But so far it is pretty good. It didn't seem too challenging at first but it really did get there quickly. Especially when you hit the reverse and speed-up things. I never did get to hit anything that stopped the reverse action though. I ended up steering backward for most of the game.

It was pretty entertaining though and helped pass some time. What more can you ask for?! :D

Good job and thanks for posting.

9. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Thanks! The un-reverser is green, but they come around with the same frequency as the reversers. Keep playing and you'll get pretty good and post up some top scores! :)

10. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Initial impressions can be summed up with a simple :D. I love it, and think I'm getting pretty good too. I love the game, the power ups (and downs) are definitely game changers. I hit that stupid reverser, then the speedometer and boom, game was over shortly after that.

11. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

My sister and I played this for like 3 hours today while we were waiting for someone at the hospital. She got in the all time high scores! :D I never did :rolleyes: :p

12. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

I'm glad you, along with many others, seem to be enjoying it! :) Good luck!

Well, I'm sorry you had to be in the hospital, but I'm glad this could pass the time! Tell your sister congrats! I just had the all-time best score a minute ago while testing out some stuff. I saw your review on iTunes, as well, thanks so much for the support! :)

13. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

Here's a big thanks to all of our early adopters! We're very happy to have so many people playing it already, hopefully more and more continue to grab this game.

I also thought I'd give a quick preview of some of the stuff that's in the update. Today we're doing a couple quick touch-ups and then a bunch of testing.

It runs even more smoothly, as well! Lots of performance enhancements, as well as those attached. :)

-In the settings screenshot, that 2nd to last guy is blue again, because I didn't want to spoil the new character just yet.;)
    -In the high scores screenshot, that bar just above the high scores allows you to jump between the different high scores.
    -The main screenshot shows the slight adjustments to the background. It will make your score easier to see and is slightly brighter, making your character pop a bit more. :)

Attached Files:

14. Jeremy1026 macrumors 68020

Jeremy1026

Looks like you've been hard at work. Can't wait for the update, the highscore table certainly was lacking.

15. Buschmaster thread starter macrumors 65816

Buschmaster

We'll post again as soon as it's submitted and as soon as it's accepted!:apple: