falling in love with coverflow

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by EssentialParado, Oct 3, 2007.

1. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Let's be honest, coverflow on itunes is quite useless for most of us. Great eye-candy but not very practical.

So I wasn't all too bothered when SJ announced coverflow for the touch. HOWEVER since day 1 of getting my touch it has been my favorite way to play music. Coverflow was made for the iPod touch.

2. queshy macrumors 68040

queshy

Yes, that's it, rub it in to those who don't have iPod touches yet! :mad:

3. jmpage2 macrumors 68030

jmpage2

It would be nice if they would put some track skip buttons on the margins for when you are in coverflow mode.

I will be listening on shuffle play, flipping through albums and want to skip a track, and there's no way to do it without turning the ipod back around again.

4. Genghis Khan macrumors 65816

Genghis Khan

yeah, what i'd like is a volume control while in coverflow

and has anyone else noticed that most people don't know about coverflow?

5. dazz87 macrumors 6502

coverflow is pretty cool, but where the hell is the volume control!!!!

6. Cameront9 macrumors 6502a

Cameront9

Actually, I listen to music primarily by Album, so I use coverflow all the time in iTunes. It's a very practical way for me to flip through albums and decide what I want to listen to.

My issue with coverflow on the touch is that it is only able to be sorted one way--by album artist...

I guess that's so it only has to keep one database, but I wish you could choose to sort by album.

7. jnc macrumors 68020

jnc

It's a bit gimped at the mo, needs playback scrubber, skip functions and volume controls, soon!

Also just noticed something: if cover flow goes to sleep, the album art does not update to reflect the most recent album once it wakes. That's pretty bad.

(Note - this is cover flow in conjunction with playlists rather than albums, not that it should make a difference)

I smell another update within a month!

EDIT: also found that entering coverflow then automatically puts you into all albums mode, effectively exiting you from the playlist you were listening to. If using playlists, shouldn't it really only display the albums in that playlist?

8. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

FWIW it's the only view I now use in iTunes. I can't imagine not having it.