Falling Skies

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by squeeks, Jun 19, 2011.

1. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

Was pretty pretty cool, did anyone else watch it? What did you think?

2. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

I loved it. It'll be nice to have something to watch since the SyFy channel seems to have anything but sci-fi now.

3. Alaerian Guest

Alaerian

Wait, is this something actually non-sucky on the SciFi channel that I missed??
    FILL ME IN!

I refuse to use "SyFy." It's just lame, at best.

4. squeeks thread starter macrumors 68040

squeeks

Actually its on TNT :p

It reminds me a lot of Battle for L.A. only with actual story and real characters.

5. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Probably the reason they had a lot of ads for the Battle for L.A. video game.

6. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

Glad to hear the good reviews! I missed the pilot but have Tivo set to grab it on Tuesday :) Can't wait to see it!

7. Bonch macrumors 6502

Bonch

Oh I'm sure you can't.

8. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

Ummmm ... ooookkkayyy?

9. aristobrat macrumors G4

I'm kinda bummed its normal time slot looks like 10PM on Sundays. This'll be definitely something I TiVo and watch later in the week. Hope that doesn't screw up its ratings. Seems pretty interesting so far!

10. sk1wbw Suspended

sk1wbw

It was awful. I fell asleep 30 minutes into it.

11. Sanveann macrumors 6502

Sanveann

Got a chance to watch it ... I liked it but wasn't blown away by it. Thought the second half was considerably more interesting than the first, though. Overall maybe a little "military" for my taste -- will watch a few more eps and then make a final decision :)

12. aristobrat macrumors G4

I can't wait to see the back story... What it was like when it all first happened... :D

13. wvuwhat macrumors 65816

wvuwhat

As per the backstory, I think they're waiting to see how it pans out. If it does well, I'm sure there'll be a complete season with the backstory.

Me, I enjoyed the show. I just hope "he" doesn't don't dwell on his 3rd son too much, sure he needs to try and go back and get him, but I don't want a whole season dealing with that. They should focus on the civilians more.

Oh, and the blonde that is interested in the oldest son is good looking, I guess they're dating too after seeing them make out, but I'm more attracted to the girl that seems interested in him, the brunette. I hope for my sake the brunette becomes a bigger part of the show.

14. aristobrat macrumors G4

Sucks the first season is only 10 episodes. We've already seen 20% of it. lol

15. Oneness macrumors regular

Falling Skies = V (2011) = Cancelled after two seasons (maybe one)

90% of the earth's population is dead, yet did anyone watching actually feel any fear of the 'skitters'? Didn't think so...

16. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

It’s nothing like V. Also, it might have got canceled on ABC, NBC, etc., but where it’s at, I doubt it.

17. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

How quickly we forget.

18. aristobrat macrumors G4

To me, it's a mashup of some elements from V and Jericho, and none of the characters have irritated me as much as the majority of the V characters did, so I'm happy. It also brings more SciFi to TNT, which might be smart for their lineup, as SyFy continues bringing in more non-SciFi to their lineup.

Quickly? That's from over a decade ago! :eek:

19. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

So far I like the show. For a TV show, the special effects are not too bad. I too like others thou, I want to see the back story. I want to see the invasion and mass destruction! :):D

20. Oneness macrumors regular

IMO it is. The difference is that V started at the beginning of the story while Falling Skies starts in the middle.
    But beyond the plot just the general feel of the series, to me, is exactly the same, and that's not a good thing. I want Falling Skies to succeed, but after 4 episodes it seems forced and flat. There is no emotion, no urgency, no fear in any of the characters. It feels like they might as well be dealing with a car pooling issue instead of the destruction of the human race. Why can't series like Falling Skies/V generate the tension and real drama of BSG-2004?

21. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I thought it ****ing sucked!

Everytime they had a chance for some action they were all. "oh, we shouldn't go at them like this," or "Oh, we can shoot these children eventhough their minds have been taken over by aliens."

TOO MUCH TALKING ABOUT NOTHING! Tons of filler dialog and nothing actually happening.

Its the only show in which you can get a case of blue balls just by watching.

apologies to whoever liked it. I though it was some old tired BS under the guise of SCI-FI television.

[​IMG]

22. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

I'm enjoying it so far. At first I thought "oh god, not another redneck-type group that the heros encounter" episode. But, it turned out ok for me after the leader shows that he can cook.

The leaders need to have a very serious talk with all under their command about NOT MAKING ANY (fraking) NOISE WHEN THEY ARE ON A STEALTH MISSION. Every single (it's happened twice so far) time a person comes to see their alien mind controlled child they scream out their name and rush to them in a useless sense that the kid will understand. And by doing that they give away the position of everyone else. Potentially causing loss of life. That kind of script writing/acting annoys me.

23. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

I watched the premier and thought it was pretty good.

24. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

I think that has to be the line of the day. :D

25. Brocksby macrumors newbie

I haven't watched it and after so much heard about it, now I have to watch it.
    Whats so interesting in this show or it is the same as other shows on the scifi.