Fallout 1

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by adamrandy, Oct 30, 2008.

1. adamrandy macrumors newbie

Hello all...

Would anyone of you smart lads be able to help me out?
    I have an older generation Macbook Pro:

2.0 GHZ Intel Core Duo
    2 GB RAM
    ATI Radeon X1600 graphics

...and I would LOVE to run Fallout 1. (I still have the original MacPlay disk)
    I don't know how to run the game, I've tried and my computer fails horribly.

I'm running 10.5.5 BTW.
    I'm thinking of possibly partitioning my disk and re-running 10.4.1 and seeing if that works.

Can anyone please help?

Cheers

2. Eric5h5 macrumors 68020

If it's really the original version, then you're out of luck since that only ran on OS 9 and earlier. They re-released it later for OS X though.

--Eric

3. adamrandy thread starter macrumors newbie

4. TodVader macrumors 6502a

TodVader

Don't you have an old Mac lying around? I got an old Power Mac G4 that would do great for that!

Maybe I'm just too geeky to get rid of my old stuff lol.

5. malikk macrumors member

Hey guiys, i have a question on fallout 1 + 2 really. I have the same mac as him, and I am going to try to borrow a copy of fallout 3 (to see if it works)... i dont' think it will so i'll probably go back and try to get baldur's gate/icewind dale as well as falout 1 + 2 to play. I was wondering, for the one's that have a mac version (i'm running tiger), where can i get them "relatively cheap". I have boot camp with xp on, but if i can get the game for mac i'd prefer to, but i've never found good prices for mac games even old ones such as these.

Thanks,
    Kam