Fallout 3 issue

Discussion in 'Mac and PC Games' started by rust.puppet, Aug 7, 2009.

1. rust.puppet macrumors regular

hey guys, im not even sure this is possible but im running windows xp pro sp2 in vmware fusion (since i dont know how to go about installing it on bootcamp anyways) and i installed fallout 3.... only problem is it keeps closing when i go to play it, like "fallout 3 has stopped working" and all that. are there any drivers out there i need or anything you guys can think of? do any of you have it working or is it just that it wont work on a mac?

2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Don't play games in a virtual machine, especially Fallout 3.

3. rust.puppet thread starter macrumors regular

any idea how to set up bootcamp with a .iso file then?

4. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Burn the ISO to a disc using Disk Utility. :D

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

Bootcamp is simple.

1) Burn your ISO in Disk Utility or similar (Toast). Leave disc in drive.

2) Run Bootcamp Assistant in Utilities. FOLLOW onscreen instructions.

3) Machine Restarts, Install's Windows.

After windows has installed

4) Use your Leopard disc or Recovery Disc that came with your mac, to install all the drivers for your mac.

5) Restart once drivers installed.

Done......

6) Install Fallout 3.

Play...

Once your finished with XP and wish to go back to OSX, simply use the bootcamp setting in control panel or startup dock to select OSX as start up volume and restart the computer.

Alternatively simply hold down 'option' ALT key on your keyboard as your computer boots up and select the OS you wish to load.

6. rust.puppet thread starter macrumors regular

i have the game, and 30$ strategy guide for xbox 360, didnt feel like buying it again. not that its any of your business.

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Well it's kind of against rules here to promote or detail how to pirate games. So I guess it kind of is our business.

8. BradenG macrumors regular

Highly recommend setting up a Windows Bootcamp partition for PC gaming on your Mac. I did it yesterday, currently just been playing Team Fortress 2 - and it runs gorgeously. The graphics of course aren't maxed out but most video settings are at High, and the gameplay is just so smooth. (This is a Source game though, and the Source engine is optimized to run on a huge variety of systems so I'm not sure what Fallout 3 will be like - but I'm sure it will be better than playing on a virtual desktop)

Setting up Bootcamp is very easy. Just jot down the basic steps if you want - the whole process is quick and painless.