Fallout 3 laugh error help appreciated

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by stoogemeister, Dec 26, 2009.

1. stoogemeister macrumors newbie

Hello, I am running Steam through Crossover on my macbook pro.

I just bought fallout 3 on the steam store, but every time i try to launch it i get an error saying "No sound device detected fallout 3 cannot play"

i've tried patching it, reinstalling it and everything. I havent updated my video drivers, because i dont know what my video card is and i dunno how to check

i have a macbook pro, not the newest version

if anyone knows how i can play this please let me know

2. Cougarcat macrumors 604

3. stoogemeister thread starter macrumors newbie

thank you, but in that thread it says to go to fallout 3 directory,

i dont know how to get there i also tried searching for it but i dont have it, ugh

4. Cougarcat macrumors 604

It's in your Steam folder.

5. stoogemeister thread starter macrumors newbie

no im sorry its not

the only thing in my steam folder is a steam support center icon, even though i have cs source and fallout 3 downloaded

is there any way to enable me to see those kinds of files on this mac im using

6. Cougarcat macrumors 604

The files aren't hidden. You need to find the bottle you installed steam into, which I believe is in your user folder/application support/crossover games. From there, go to program files/steam/SteamApps/common. Your steam games are located in this common folder.

I'm pretty sure this is right, I can't be certain as I don't have access to my mac with crossover right now. If the above doesn't help you'll have better luck at the crossover forums.