False Advertising for iPod Touch? I think so.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gbross, Jul 31, 2008.

1. gbross macrumors member

Read this - the stay in sync paragraph:

http://www.apple.com/ipodtouch/features.html#calendar

Apple clearly states that the iPod Touch will sync with your Outlook Calendar.

If you've been following this board you know that since the 2.0 and 7.7 upgrade syncing does not work between the iPod Touch and Outlook.

Apple has not even publicly admitted that this bug exists.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I called my local Apple store two days ago for help with this issue. The tech stated that Apple does not support third party applications such as Outlook. When I mentioned that Apple is stating the opposite the tech had no answer for me.

Is there a disconnect here?

:mad::mad::mad:

2. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

Wow, this sucks. I'm certainly glad mine syncs via MobileMe (which functions perfectly with Outlook)

That is false advertising, because it is hailed as functioning with Outlook.

3. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

I don't know what your problem might be with the syncing, but I sync my touch to my outlook calendar daily at work. I have had absolutely no problems what so ever. I don't sync it wirelessly and I don't do it via push, I don't know if that is the issue you may be talking about. I have everything synched via the USB cord.

4. gbross thread starter macrumors member

mojohanna,

Please tell us about your setup. What version of Outlook? Is your Outlook networked throughout your company - or is it stand-alone? Can you sync both contacts and calendars back and forth from Touch to Outlook?

What version of iTunes? What version of Touch firmware?

I am talking about syncing via USB cable and iTunes. No wireless - No MobileMe.

5. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Sorry, should have listed the details.
    outlook is not stand alone. It is networked to the bejesus. Its also part of office 2003.
    firmware 2.0
    Itunes 7.7.1.

No troubles synching from outlook to touch. Now that I think about it, it has been awhile since I added an apt to my touch to sync it back to outlook. I will give that a try tomorrow and let you know what happens. I think it is fine though, it has never given me any problems before.

6. 4DThinker macrumors 68020

Mine syncs with outlook 2007 (PC) just fine. Blame Microsoft for changing file formats if it doesn't work with 2003 or 2008(mac)

7. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

tested today, there were no problems with adding a date to my touch and everything worked fine.

8. dasikes macrumors 6502a

dasikes

What did you change?

9. mojohanna macrumors 6502a

mojohanna

Nothing, I never had a problem with synching.
    I am running 2.0 and 7.7.1 so unless there is some other setting that I might have off (or on for that matter) everything seems to work as expected.