False Applecare Information Given By Apple Rep.!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by shanshor, Apr 28, 2008.

1. shanshor macrumors regular

My Touch had been malfunctioning ever since about 2 weeks after purchase. my pc is old (getting imac soon) and has no USB 2 ports. I would have never thought this would be a problem. I would always get the little popups in the bottom left of the screen saying that i need to plug it into a USB 2 port.

I noticed my iPod having small errors, such as locking up in safari, not saving preferences, etc. But i never thought much of it. (Note: received iPod in early January i think)

So i called applecare (with no appplecare plan at the moment) and they told me to STOP SYNCING with my pc because it will 'break' you ipod. so naturally, i stopped. i had most of my favorite stuff on there anyway.

Then my ipod crashed. i called applecare again and that rep told me that it was OK to sync. so i did, but continued to get malfunctions with it. I called them again and again and got many conflicting reports as to wether i should sync or not. So now i do sync, but hold off on it if i can.

I did scratch my screen though. and i called apple about it. the rep ensured me that a scratched screen WOULD be covered and that lost/stolen cords/headphones would be replaced, and that hardware issues were covered. After i purchased it and received my letter, i called them and asked how to send it back for servicing. they told me that neither of those things were covered, but i could get a refund. I didnt though, because i still wanted Applecare.

So my question to you is: Do you think that my 'issues' were hardware of software related? keep note that issues still continued to occur after restoring

2. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

AppleCare does not cover accidental damage, lost or stolen products. It is not insurance for your product.

AppleCare is service and support for your product, if there is a hardware or software problem (that is not fixed by a restore) as your initial problems would indicate then yes, you would be covered. However the scratch on the screen and the lost headphones are definitely not covered.

3. zainjetha macrumors 6502a

HAHAHAHAAHAHAHA..... you lose something and expect apple to replace it..

4. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Sync with pc is fine. no one would ever say that now, maybe in 2002 but not now.

Apple care covers manufacturing defects but does not cover accidential damages. It is standard for all standard warranties. No, Apple Care people are unlikely to saying something like that.

You lost your headphones? If you lose your wallet, would the place where you bought your wallet get you a new wallet?

How did you supposedly scratch your screen? You do know that these are fairly tough? iPhone stress test, iPod touch similar material:
    http://www.pcworld.com/video/id,545-page,1-bid,0/video.html
    (Can you actually see scratch when it's on? Let me guess, no pictures available.)

You need to send it in for service if you actually are experiencing these problems. However I doubt that you actually talked with Apple Care.

5. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Do you have access to a computer with a USB 2.0 port? try syncing with that computer, and see if the problems persist
    As for the screen, you are outta luck there...

6. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

If you get someone to say that they will replace it, then I would ask them to put that into writing. That way you have evidence stating that you checked with a apple rep and they have to stand behind their previous decision.

But it sounds like balony.