Family Expense Tracker

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by Martlets93, Jun 15, 2011.

1. Martlets93 macrumors member

Martlets93

Sorry if this has been covered, but Tapatalk won't let me search the forum for some reason.

I'm looking for an app to give me an overview of where we are spending our money. I'd like something my wife and I can use on iPhones, iPad, and maybe PCs and the MBP I'm thinking of picking up. Having all devices update to one source, whether it's the laptop, iPad, or web-based would be great.

I'm not necessarily worried about making a budget, though it would be nice. I'm just looking to track how much we bring in each month, what accounts it settles in, and where it gets spent.

Thanks in advance.

2. Martlets93 thread starter macrumors member

Martlets93

I think I have it narrowed down to HomeBudget with Sync and PocketMoney. HomeBudget seems to be more streamlined and user friendly. Anyone have experience with this?

3. PaulMoore macrumors regular

I've also been looking for something similar- HomeBudget looks great for iPhone but I want something which can be viewed online from a computer too, I don't want to only be able to browse the information on the phone.

Does anyone know anything similar which can allow the data to be accessed online, not just from within the app?

4. cohe4ko macrumors newbie

5. nutmac macrumors 68040

I've tried few and I keep going back to Mint.com app. I am pretty lazy at managing finance so ability to add all my online accounts is crucial for me.

6. MVallee macrumors 6502a

MVallee

I second the Mint app recommendation.

I use the website and the iPhone/iPad app everyday. Once you set it up and add you bank accounts it sorts everything automatically. You can set rules so certain stores always go under certain categories. Its so easy you don't have to do any work. I've been able to save hundreds of dollars since I started using it only a few months ago. It sends alerts when you are over budget and has bill reminders and everything.

Check it out.

7. joerun macrumors regular

joerun

Track where your money goes with Easy Spending

Easy Spending is a nice and convenient money tracker with solid features.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/easy-spending-expense-tracker/id437238261?mt=8