Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
Hey,
I work for Woolworths and today we got the FSDU (free standing display unit) for the Family Guy Blue Harvest DVD release for this coming Monday...

I looked at the boxes and there isn't any information on it reguarding iTunes or a digital copy of the movie.

So is the digital copy only for the US? Or is there something inside the DVD box?

NightStorm

macrumors 68000
Jan 26, 2006
Whitehouse, OH
Well, if you buy it and it has 2 DVDs in the case, then it most likely has it. The only mention that I recall seeing on my US case was a sticker on the plastic that said it supported Fox Digital Copy.

HelixOmnimedia

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 26, 2006
Traveling The World
Well, if you buy it and it has 2 DVDs in the case, then it most likely has it. The only mention that I recall seeing on my US case was a sticker on the plastic that said it supported Fox Digital Copy.

Thanks for the information. It was only display cases which arrived yesterday. The real ones should arrive today or tomorrow, so I'll look out for them and check before I report back.

UK-Tom

macrumors newbie
Jan 15, 2008
Bloody Cheek!

I bought my copy of blue harvest today, and there is nothing whatsoever to do with iTunes.

I dunno if I bought the lame-ass cheap copy (£11.99 from Tesco), or if I was meant to buy a £30 collectors box which has it, anyway.

Fox & Apple, I feel cheated, WhyTF do we brits get the ***** end of the stick when it comes to stuff like this, esp to do with iTunes. Almost makes me want to take the dvd back to tesco's and get a refund. Really not happy, but still, a good episode of FG!

Tom

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
iTunes Digital Copy is only for the US. The program will be rolling out internationally later this year.

That's the word from Gizmodo Australia anyway...

The Toon Master

macrumors 6502
Jul 10, 2006
Is it the exact same as the one on TV a while back? Cause I recorded it with eyeTV and it's in my iTunes library. :D

It has about 5mins of deleted scenes (Including some Joe/Patrick Warbutron bits that were hilarious). I think both versions come up 3-D glasses to watch a scene in 3-D (The deluxe edition also has 12 cards, Art Booklet, and T-Shirt)

If it didn't say it on the box, prolly not

CJRhoades

macrumors 6502a
Dec 4, 2007
Lafayette, IN
I bought the 2 Disc edition $12.99 (or something like that). It came with the digital copy but I was disappointed when I saw it was m4v format because I can't copy it to my Sansa. I tried lots of video converters but could not get it to convert. I thought it was worth the money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.