Family line question

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by omni, Jul 5, 2010.

1. omni macrumors 6502

I'm sure it's been asked and I did search but couldn't find it, apologies in advance.

Main line is eligible for upgrade but doesn't want. 2nd line isn't eligible but does want an iPhone 4.

Can anything be done?

2. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

yes, it's called upgrade swap. search "upgrade swap" and you'll see tons of threads. if you mention that word at the apple store or at&t store, they'll know what you want to do.

3. Alonzo84 macrumors 6502a

Alonzo84

Very easy. Call or go in to an AT&T store and tell them you want to swap an upgrade from one line to the other.

4. Mac'nCheese macrumors 68030

Mac'nCheese

I think you can upgrade and then do some kind of swap. Not sure what AT&T calls it though........

5. nintapple macrumors member

it's doable but requires a trip to the AT&T store or an AT&T rep to be present at an Apple Store

6. omni thread starter macrumors 6502

upgrade swap...somehow that was not the obvious thing for me to search for LOL!

Thanks everyone!

7. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

as everyone else said and is posted on the upgrade guide on this forum..

upgrade swap - if you do it online order it for the # with the upgrade, but when you get it call at&t, tell them what you are doing, they will update your SIM & IMEI #s then you can plug into itunes to unbrick..

if you do it in a store just tell them you want to use the other upgrade and they will do all that for you..

the main account holder must be present in store or you must know the last 4 of their ssn if you do it over the phone

upgrade swaps are probably more common then normal upgrades, when I worked at cell phone reseller we did them on the regular basis

8. nintapple macrumors member

this is not true.
    for apple stores, they changed the rules on launch day in all my local apple stores (about 6). so calling the store first may be a good idea. for att store, you definitively do not need the main account holder, only an authorized user.