Family or Indiviual MobileMe for iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by stevehp, Jul 9, 2008.

1. stevehp macrumors 6502

Hi,

There are 3/5 of us in my family with iPhones.

We all want mobile me...We use a lot of email (want to forward from gmail and not use @me.com) + picture uploading, data syncing, etc.

We want to use MobileMe for exchange on our iPhones.

Will the family pack provide enough space or would it be better to get individual accounts?

Thanks!

2. DeaconGraves macrumors 65816

DeaconGraves

The family pack has 5 accounts, so yes that should work.

Especially if your family is only 3/5 of a person. :p

3. cheapa55 macrumors 6502a

a family pack is plenty. You get 20gb for the first user, and 5gb for the next 4. It's plenty if you are not storing files online.

4. grapes911 Moderator emeritus

grapes911

Did you look at the storage that comes with MobileMe? I can't imagine you have enough email to fill up the space. How many pictures do you want to post? About what size are they? It's not too hard to do the math.

But . . . even with out doing any calculations, the Family Pack is probably plenty big.

5. stevehp thread starter macrumors 6502

So does everyone get their own @me.com address - I already have an old @mac.com addy that will be tranferred...

So I would get 20GB and my dad and brother would only get 5GB each combined with email, photos, and data? 5GB for all that stuff doesn't seem like too much.

Maybe I'm wrong :)

6. winstano macrumors regular

5GB for email/photo storage is plenty... Unless you're going to be uploading websites via iWeb for absolutely shedloads of photos etc (and I mean *loads*), then it'll be more than enough storage :)