Family Pack Question

Discussion in 'macOS' started by ladiauctioneer, Oct 19, 2007.

1. ladiauctioneer macrumors newbie

Hi All,

I just ordered the Family Pack of Leopard. I, my husband and son have Macs here at home but my daughter is away at college. Does she qualify to use the Family Pack install?

Thanks,
    DD

2. wakerider017 macrumors 68000

wakerider017

Ya, I would think so. She is family... I am guessing she still comes home for the holidays and what not. So she does live in your household.

Just so you know Apple Police will not be coming after you.
    They can't tell if you installed it on her computer or not. (Heck, They can't even tell if you lent it to your neighbor down the street..)

3. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Because she's not living under the same roof, technically, it would be against the license, but as she is family, and that only bring the computers to 4 (out of 5), it's not like GTA.

Apple wont come after you, don't worry. I'd let her use the disc to install it, perfectly acceptable.

4. kevo0822 macrumors regular

That's not true. The policy for the family pack says that if someone considers a household their primary residence but is off at school, they still fall under the same "family" when buying a family pack.

5. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

Really, well there we go, shows how much I read important legal documentation :p

You have your green light ladiauctioneer

6. kevo0822 macrumors regular

Haha it's always that fine print at the bottom of the webpage that gives the most useful info. You'd think they'd make a little bit more prominent.:rolleyes:

7. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Just so that there's no doubt, here's the footnote from Apple's Leopard pre-ordering page:

8. ladiauctioneer thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you !

Hi All,

Thank you for all your help. This is my first post **Great Experience!**

Have a great day!
    DD

9. jim.arrows macrumors regular

Is it possible for the collegian to burn a copy of the install disk(s) to take off to school in case re-installation is necessary? Sorry if this is an ignorant question, I'm not sure what kind of protection is built-in or if the install disks would ever be needed, I just know I'd feel "naked" if off at school without the necessities to rebuild in an emergency.