Family Plan 2 Iphones but only one data plan?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sevimli, Jul 9, 2009.

1. sevimli macrumors 6502a

Hi everyone,

Recently I purchased a new AT&T account and 2 iphones :apple: , so far I am happy with the iphones. I have 3 lines in my FamilyTalk plan. In my Original order, I requested 2 iphones along with data plan (I had to).

Anyways, my wife mostly uses wifi, she has a pretty good wifi accessibility, that's why she never tried 3G till yesterday. Once we tried it we got an error that shows "Cannot activate cellular data network".

I logged into my account to see what's going on, even though her line and my line show we have iphone, only my account does have $30 data plan but not hers.

She is OK with not having 3G plan, I am also OK with that for being pay less ;) , but will AT&T charge me for the data plan in the future for the not paid months?? :confused:

Should I contact them to get this fixed?

2. alansaysstop macrumors regular

from what i understand every iPhone HAS to have a date plan on it. I read somewhere on here that AT&T is starting to do sweeps forcing data plans on phones that do not have them.

Also, if you have the unlimited iPhone texting on each phone, change it to the family unlimited. It will save you $10.

3. zFrenchy macrumors member

4. sevimli thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks guys for quick replies.

I know that it is required but apparently AT&T hasn't put a data plan to our 2nd iphone.

It is really confusing.