Family plan + AT&T Premier HELP!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by m2d2, Feb 5, 2009.

1. m2d2 macrumors newbie

Hi

So I'm thinking about getting a family plan through AT&T premier with my girlfriend, who is employed by UCLA... it seems they qualify... I had a couple questions:

(1) I was trying to look through the AT&T website... is there a place where I enter in a FAN # to get the discount? how do I go about getting the discount?

(2) I'm trying to maybe get two iPhones, with data plan, and 200text/1500text on the phones... what's the best way to get this on a good deal? AT&T website? Apple Store? ??... also, I've been reading on this forum about some feature code??

THANK YOU!

2. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

The Fan Discount requires the person go to an AT&T Corporate Store and produce their ID and the CSR will enter the code for the Fan Discount.

Apple Store for the purchase of the iPhones, but AT&T for the Family Plan and Unlimited Text Family Plan. Are you porting your numbers over to AT&T? That can take a few minutes, or longer. I know that iPhones purchased through AT&T were taking a bit longer for a replacement during the release of the 3G iPhone, but I think it's pretty much gone back to normal, should you have any issues with the iPhone.

3. m2d2 thread starter macrumors newbie

what?

where is an AT&T corporate store? and not all companies have employee IDs...

you can't do this kind of thing over the phone or the web?

4. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I just setup the FAN Program for my small business. You need to add the FAN Number to your Account by going into a AT&T Wireless Store and proving your girlfriend works for UCLA. Maybe you will need a check stubb (that was required by my employees). There is a way to do it online via a particular web page (can't remember) but it did not work for us. Maybe we were too new. For the web site you would need an email address that only UCLA Employees can have (again, did not work for my company). The fastest is to simply go into an AT&T Wireless Store and they will add the FAN to your account. After added you can go online (att wireless) and you will see your FAN Number in the upper right hand corner of the screen for your account.

5. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

As far as where to buy. I don't think it matters. Which ever is most convenient. However, snce you have to go into an AT&T Store to add the FAN it might be easier to just buy the phones their. However, if you already have an AT&T Family Plan for other phones you should add the FAN Now.

6. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

You do not have to go into the store to get the Fan discount. I signed up for mine simply by giving them my email address. They sent me an email and I clicked on it for confirmation. The email address connected to the business was proof enough.

7. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

I agree but it did not work for my company. As I said maybe because my setup was too new. I did find the link on another thread. Maybe his UCLA Email Domain will work.

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/

8. dave006 Contributor

dave006

First, if the Apple store is nearby, purchase the iPhone there unless you want to take advantage of the refurbished iPhones from the AT&T Online Store. The plus to the Apple store is if you have in issue with the phone during the initial return phase, Apple will swap your phone for an new one.

Use the first link to see if UCLA is listed as a valid email domain and what discounts you can expect with the FAN.

Business site to register for Discounts... (registration link upper right box)

http://www.wireless.att.com/businesscenter/en_US/phones-devices/iReady.jsp
    It will send you a link via emai to the Premier Online Store and information on what discounts are provided with the FAN

Use the Confirmation link to activate the FAN for your girlfriends UCLA account:

https://www.wireless.att.com/business/enrollment/

Dave