Family Plan new subscriber ???

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cbrniner, Jun 10, 2008.

1. cbrniner macrumors member

Okay , on 7 /11 we plan on switching to ATT cause our contract with sprint ends on 6/15 ... So can someone tellme what the Family plan for 2 Iphones , 1400 minutes,data plan for both and unlimited texting ?? Is there anything else I shoud throw in there ?? Now after you figure that out , lets say I wanted to add a third Iphone , what would be the add on to the above??

Thanks in Advance for your help

2. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

I was curious about this too.

I was re-reading an old iPhone pricing pamphlet and it said for the family plan, data "applies to two iPhones, additional iPhones cost $29.99 per line". (which I understand is the $9.99 per line + the old price of $20 for data)

Does that mean one data plan ($30) covers two iPhones? Or for each iPhone (under a family plan) I have to get a data plan, meaning $60 for two iPhones, $90 for three, etc.?

I might've been misreading it or something so it might've been that this (two phones for $20 data together) never even existed.

3. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Old iPhone plans

If the link doesn't work, google - AT&T iPhone Plan - the first link is to the Apple site, it's been deleted, but if you click on the cache it shows you the old plans including family plans.

I heard more details with plans will come in a week or so.

4. Ryanhdd macrumors regular

I do not get that either, in what you just posted was the unlimited data included for both iphones for 129 with 1400 min? so you would just pay 129 plus taxes and thats it. or would you pay 129 plus 20x2 for the data plan plus taxes. (hope this makes sense, but i am trying to make sense out of no sense)

5. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Okay, here is the OLD pricing sheet. I would assume you just need to add $20 for unlimited texts, and $20 ($10 per phone, assuming you have two iPhones) for the increased data cost?

Dunno, hope AT&T clears it up soon.

CIMG0033.JPG

6. bstpierre macrumors 6502

I don't have the numbers in front of me but the family plan price for two iPhones should look just like the single phone price plus $9.99 add a phone plus $20.00 iPhone data plan. Each additional phone is $9.99 for the extra line and $20.00 for the data plan. I have a family plan with two iPhones and one regular phone.

My understanding of the new plans is the iPhone unlimited data is $30. This does not include any text messages. 200 text messages cost $5 per month. I forget the rest of the text increments. So adding a new iPhone to a plan will cost $9.99 to add the line, $30 to add the data, $5 to add 200 text messages for a total of 44.99 a month to get the same level of service for each additional iPhone 3G.

7. mntentman macrumors regular

Check the AT&T website, the single plans and family plans are supposed to be the same as what will be offered for the iPhone. Then figure data/text as for a smartphone.

You can't compare single and family, it is not apples to apples (so to speak) since the minutes are different (450 minutes for $40 is lowest in single, 550 for $60 for two lines is the lowest for family). With a family plan, you have a minimum of two phones included in the price, then you can add additional lines for $9.99 each. Then, each "smartphone" has $30 for data and whatever text plan you select.

Don't pay any atention to the old iPhone plans... they are calculating it all differently this time around... more ala carte than before since there are no texts at all included in the base price (or data for that matter).

8. kyleaa macrumors regular

Unlimited texting for a family plan is a flat $30 for the plan covering unlimited texts on all phones.