Family Plan on Launch Day with Reservation?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Chetoc230, Jun 21, 2010.

1. Chetoc230 macrumors member

Have a reservation for a 16GB iphone on launch day. Does anyone know if the apple store will allow (2) two purchases of iphone's for a family plan? New to ATT, so i'll be signing up a new account.

If anyone knows it'd be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

2. Chetoc230 thread starter macrumors member

3. Loki666 macrumors member

Depends on stock. They will either sell it when your getting the first one or make you get in the non reserved line for the 2nd one

4. dach2k3 macrumors member

i have this same question. I think the answer is that no one really knows and that it probably depends on your location.

I have read that you can get 2 phones with one reservation. I have read that you cannot as well. I have read that they might make you wait in the non-reserve line which is not realistic for most people.

It will probably depend on your given location and the policies will vary all over the country.

My wife isn't all that jazzed to get one anyway, so if she has to wait, she can wait a month or whatever. If i can get 2, then i will get her one. If not it gives me a chance to sell my 3g to pay for her phone anyway... win/win as i see it.

5. lilchub101 macrumors member

Spoke to apple the other day

I talked with an apple sales rep the other day he told me that you can only upgrade 1 phone with a reservation per family plan. I then asked if they would sell another if they waited inline and he told me yes. I then told him that my brother and I where both able to make reservations and he said that it should not have let us but since it did they would sell them to us I hope this helps

6. Blizzardman macrumors regular

Blizzardman

I'm a little confused. You said you can only upgrade 1 phone line with a reservation per family plan but then you said they would allow it if the other person stood in line? My brother and I are in the same family plan and both have reservations and are eligible for phone upgrades. So you are telling me one of us won't be able to get our phones or are you referring to only me trying to upgrade another family plan phone for someone who wasn't in line?

Orrrr do you basically mean you can only upgrade one phone on a family plan per reservation? So since we have two reservations we would be fine?