Family plan, one 3G and one EDGE, what happens?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by freeny, Jun 17, 2008.

1. freeny macrumors 68020

freeny

I will be upgrading to the new 3G iPhone and my wife will stick with her EDGE iPhone. Does anyone know how this will effect our current family plan? will we both be up'd to paying for the 3G or will this somehow only up half the bill?

anyone with experience in this situation?...

2. WannaApple? macrumors 6502a

Nothing will happen. When you buy a 3G phone and add on the data plan, it is paid for per line, so the data plan and 3G speed will only affect your iphone...it wont have anything to do with your wife's.

3. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

my question is, will the bill go up for both of us or just my 3G phone?
    If we are both going to be charged 3G prices I may just skip a new phone and wait for my wife to upgrade too...

4. nikhsub1 macrumors 68000

nikhsub1

LOL he just answered you and you asked the same question again... :confused: Your wife's phone plan won't change and won't be charged for 3G since it is not 3G, this seems pretty obvious to me. Your line however, will change from the $20 iphone plan to the $30 3G iphone plan. You can then add text messages if you want as the $30 3G plan includes zero text messages.

5. freeny thread starter macrumors 68020

freeny

Wasnt sure my question was clear. It sounded as if wannaapple thought I was asking if the speed on my wifes EDGE phone would increase ;)