Family plan or small business?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Kuzbad, Jun 11, 2009.

1. Kuzbad macrumors member

Hi all,

Currently a Verizon subscriber, and our contract is up just in time for 3gs!

My question is--I'm a small business owner, and want a plan with 5 lines (3-4 iphones, 1 or 2 regular voice only phones). Am I better off going with a family plan or a business plan? AT&T's website is very frustrating in terms of business plan information. I'm not sure if the rates are the same or not...anybody have a clue?

Thanks!

2. Kenal0 macrumors regular

Business plan. I think the lowest is a 10000 minute shared plan. I have had much faster and better customer service on the small business side than the individual plan. I am sure others have had the opposite experience but this has been mine.

3. simplemind macrumors member

UT (for the time being, cant leave soon enough)
    Just make sure all phones are within the same "AT&T region"
    I had a HUGE issue with AT&T regarding my family plan. When we switched last year from Sprint, we went to the Apple store and purchased our phones and one of the family plan packages as thats what we had with Sprint. Turns out the AT&T family plans are decided by "regions" AT&T would not allow my Mom to port her two numbers from Idaho onto my Utah number that I set the account up with because they were in different "regions" I thought how ridiculous, have they not heard of family members moving cross country to school before?? after 3 days of FIGHTING with them, I finally got ahold of someone at customer service that put my 3 phones on a corporate account that uses the same family plan packages.
    and to test this further, I just moved back to my summer home in MN and went to my local AT&T store to pre-order the 3GS under a new line on my plan, and when I inquired the Manager about getting a MN number on this new iPhone he told me at first that it would have to be a UT area code but looked at his screen and said, my bad, yes, you can get a MN number on this new phone.

just be nice but FIRM on the issue like I was and hopefully they can do the same for you. Best of luck.