Family plan phone numbers

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by myjay610, Jun 28, 2010.

1. myjay610 macrumors regular

So BB called, they got re-stocked for 32s but no 16s so I picked mine up and my wife is still waiting for her 16 to come in. Has anyone successfully ported or set up phone numbers from different "markets" on the family plan? My close friend has his Philly number and his girlfriend's Connecticut number on the same one. Guy at the AT&T store said today that they used to be able to set it up as a NBI (business account) but AT&T caught on and now they ask for a tax id when they try it...kind of sucks if that's the case, phone numbers are almost like SSNs these days.

2. dhy8386 macrumors 6502a

I'll go through this slowly since i juts did it. In new York with AT&T NYC local number. Had a regular plan. Wife was on verizon with a nj number. Decided she wanted an iPhone. Had a reservation in apple store for her. Go in and they say they cannot simultaneously port her to AT&T while moving us to family share. Instead they say set her up with regular plan and then call AT&T to merge the lines. Simple right? No. I then called that night and since she signed up under her own name and did not add a line to my account, which of course i couldn't do, i had to go into store to resolve. Thankfully this was easy. Basically you want to first have AT&T move you to family plan. Then you want to have her number ported to a new line On your new family share. She likely needs to be with you to give her ssn and provider access code. But thats it. Shouldn't be hard.