Family Plan texts

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Shannighan, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Shannighan macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

hello,
    i was just wondering if anybody heard about the unlimited family plan texts
    on the current iPhone, unlimited family plan texts do not include the iphone, but they do include phones like the blackberry and the Centro. Do you think that they will include the iphone for unlimited family plan texts under the new contract terms?

2. rolex54 macrumors 6502

I have unlimited texts on my family plan with the two iPhones that I have on it. Its 30.00 a month and works on up to 5 lines in 1 family plan

3. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

Yes they do.

4. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

Really?

In the past my local AT&T person said that the family plan texting doesn't not support iPhone.

(Sure he could have been wrong, but thats what he said)

Either way I would hope the new iPhone supports family texting, since its a standard phone plan now

5. JBaker122586 macrumors 65816

I've had unlimited family texting on a family plan with an iPhone since the beginning of March. Once I use up the 200 texts that come with the plan, it starts using from the "unlimited" pool. Maybe it changed shortly before then, but I know I've been using it since then.

6. Shannighan thread starter macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

even on the website they don't list the iPhone as one of the phones that are supported for unlimited family text

7. rolex54 macrumors 6502

well I have it... I signed up for it online just a couple months ago

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Yup, I've had it since day one of the Apple iPhone; if you don't see it offered in your options/features, feel free to ask the AT&T CSR to ensure that is is part of your family plan for $29.99 per month. Initially, I was told that I had 200 TMs per iPhone and then I just asked to speak to a Mgr. and next thing I know I'm TMing over 6,000+ per month. Thanks for the UTM Family Plan feature! :p