family plan upgrade??

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by retrospects, Jul 11, 2008.

1. retrospects macrumors regular

ok so i switched to att and got a family plan with my wife, it is under her name but i got the iphone and she got a motorola....
    she wants to get the i phone 3g now, will it still be 199 - 299 for both of us?

2. ZarkedOut macrumors newbie

Is your wife eligible for an upgrade? If yes, then its 199/299, if not 399/499.

You can upgrade for 199/299.

3. retrospects thread starter macrumors regular

no we moved to att last june for the iphone.... so heres is gonna cost 399-499 and mine will cost 199-299??
    thats stupid..

4. pacohaas macrumors 6502a

If you get the 3G, AT&T has instructions on what to do with your old iPhone. What you should do is "give" it to your wife. AT&T has said that the old $20 data plans are available to people who obtain the first gen iPhone.

So your wife would put in her SIM(or obtain a new one from AT&T) into your old iPhone and activate via iTunes adding the data plan. Then I would check and see if her upgrade eligibility status changes on OLAM(OnLine Account Management). If she then shows as upgrade eligible, you can go get the new iPhone at the discounted price(but increased data price) and sell the old iPhone.