Family Plans must have 2 iPhones?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cmeriptahoe, Jul 8, 2008.

1. cmeriptahoe macrumors member

I just read the update on the front page and am worried about the line that mentions that FamilyTalk customers must purchase 2 iphones o have an existing one to use in conjunction with the new one. Has this been the plan since announce or is this new info? I am the only one on my Family plan who wants an iPhone so this could create problems for me.

2. Sky Blue Guest

Sky Blue

No.

and use the search dammit, there's already a bunch of threads on this.

3. cmeriptahoe thread starter macrumors member

Alright grumpy bear I'll remember that next time.

4. Nicolecat macrumors 6502a

Nicolecat

No, if I remember correctly you can add the iphone to a family plan and the data package can be added for $30.

There are a couple threads that this is in...but it can be hard to find stuff on here sometimes.

peruse a little...you'll find it. :eek:

5. cmeriptahoe thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for you significantly more informative post than the one I received previously. And I will hunt around more next time.

6. agirton macrumors regular

My local apple store reassured me I would be able to get 2, one for me and my wife on Friday, and that she did not need to come with me.

Edit: Sorry misread your desire to have 2 different phones. Ignore me!

7. extraextra macrumors 68000

extraextra

Yes this is the case if you are buying at an APPLE store. Apple obviously doesn't carry other phones like LG or Motorola so the only other option would be to get another iPhone if you want a new family plan.