Family Plans with Apple Upgrade Program

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by netnothing, Sep 11, 2015.

1. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

The one thing ordering from Apple that has never been good (or possible) is when you are dealing with multiple phones on a family plan.

Does anyone know.....we are upgrading our 2 AT&T phones. If we went with the Apple Upgrade program, would we each need to pre-order?

-Kevin

2. iDuel macrumors 6502a

iDuel

Yeah, it seems that as of now, you would each need to pre-order.

3. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Yeah seems that way. Guess I might go with AT&T Next 12.

-Kevin

4. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

So Apple chat is telling me you can order 2 phones per order. So they said I could just order 2 on my order and when I pick up, they will tie the 2nd to my wife's account.

Anyone done this before with orders from Apple?

EDIT - and never mind.....clueless chat person just completely contradicted herself and now says no....have to order each at once.

-Kevin

5. thatpluslife macrumors regular

thatpluslife

I would say if you're doing a normal upgrade then each phone number will be a separate transaction. As for the upgrade program they may let you do both during the reservation appointment but the details are so vague on this program that no one truly knows what's going to happen, not even the apple reps. Lol

6. netnothing thread starter macrumors 68040

netnothing

Yeah, I'm skipping it for now and just going with AT&T Next 12. Still no terms posted, and no support can tell me if you can pay off early if you wanted to like Next.

Plus if it does turn out to be good, I'll just pay off Next before iPhone 7 comes out and switch then.

-Kevin