Family Plans

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pared, Aug 22, 2008.

1. Pared macrumors 65816

What's the deal with purchasing the iPhone 3G on a family plan? Is that even possible?

I know AT&T has information on their website, but I'd like to know from individuals who have actually done this.

Do you share data? I know you share minutes. What about the discount on the phones? Possible?

2. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I have one on my family plan. You share minutes and yes you can get the discount. I am getting it on mine.

3. ucfgrad93 macrumors P6

ucfgrad93

It is possible to have an iPhone on a family plan. In fact, I have 2 iPhones and a LG phone on my family plan. Each iPhone has unlimited data as part of the plan (I don't think that there are any other options).

4. Pared thread starter macrumors 65816

Wow, I appreciate the speedy responses.

I'm curious if it is possible to get 2 iPhone 3G's on a family line? I'm not clear on the pricing.

I know this would be easier in an AT&T store but I'm not there right now... so... if you guys can help, that would be great. I like having the information ahead of time. :eek:

5. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

I actually have 2 3G iPhones and 2 1st Gen iPhones on my family plan. :D

6. Pared thread starter macrumors 65816

So I can get 2 iPhone 3Gs at the discounted price on a family plan, right?

I guess the only thing I would need to worry about it the $30 unlimited texting option. Yowza.

7. MissingToof macrumors newbie

Family plan 3g + 2g

So, what is the cost of the family plan if my wife has the 2g, that comes with unlimited data and 1500 texts(69.99), plus the cost of the 3g with unlimited data + 1500 texts (84.99)? I believe it is $5.00 cheaper when you don't combine the two, but I don't know for sure.. anyone know for sure?

8. andyblila macrumors 65816

andyblila

In my example, I pay the $80 for 1400 Minutes, $30 for unlimited family texting (you read that right unlimited for all lines), $30 + $9.99 for my wife's 3G, and then $20 +$9.99 for each of the 2G's. The total is $198(with my FAN discount) for all 4 lines sharing 1400 Minutes with unlimited data and unlimited texting. :D