Family Share with two bank accounts?

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by alexgowers, Sep 17, 2014.

1. alexgowers macrumors 65816

Family share is a great feature but I have a question.

My wife and I have our own apple IDs with our own cards associated with them, both have the same billing address. On the apple family sharing page it says once setup new purchases are made with the family organisers card.

My question is, if she makes purchases once joined can she use her card at all or is it my card that will always be used or is there a choice for her making purchases with her card?

I find it awkward if apple doesn't allow at least the spouse to make purchases on their card and have the movies etc available to the family group. If it disables her card then it's a pointless feature for us as i don't want to buy some of her content and vice versa as we have different tastes.

2. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

3. alexgowers thread starter macrumors 65816

so family sharing essentially locks all members to one card and disables their own cards?

4. mikeo007 macrumors 65816

What does it do with individual itunes balances? Combine them or keep them separate?

5. alexgowers thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah another great question, anyone know if credit is basically lost when you join a family share or maybe used up before charging the organiser card?

6. soulsteelgray macrumors regular

iTunes credit is used up first before the organizer's card.

http://arstechnica.com/apple/2014/09/ios-8-thoroughly-reviewed/6/#family