Family Sharing bug? Anyone else seeing this?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by WolfSnap, Sep 18, 2014.

1. WolfSnap macrumors 6502a

Anyone else seeing this?

When using Family Sharing, you can see a banner that says, "This iTunes account is set up to use Family Sharing with a different iCloud account than <email address>. Learn More"

This occurs when members of a Family Sharing group shares the same iTunes login (i.e. a@a.com) but has their own iCloud accounts. Understandably, this I'm sure is not the optimal usage of the feature, but, the results are completely inconsistent.

On an iPad, things work as expected (albeit with a banner warning that you're using the wrong iTunes account). On the iPhone, it simply doesn't work at all, and only shows the warning banner.

Steps to Reproduce:
    1. Create family share with iTunes account a@a.com.
    2. Join family to family share group and confirm accounts. For the purposes of this bug report, let's call it b@b.com, c@c.com and d@d.com.
    3. On iPhone, login to iCloud account b@b.com. Log into iTunes & App Store account with a@a.com.
    4. Using the same iPhone, search for a purchased app. It will allow you to download the app, and run any app purchased by a@a.com
    5. Using the same iPhone, go to 'Updates' tab, then click 'purchases'. Only the banner saying, "This iTunes account is set up to use Family Sharing with a different iCloud account than b@b.com. Learn More" will appear.

Expected Results:
    The banner saying "This iTunes account is set up to use Family Sharing with a different iCloud account than b@b.com. Learn More" would appear, along with the list of purchased items from a@a.com. This is what happens on an iPad. It should also show the list of family members that are part of the family sharing group.

Actual Results:
    The banner saying "This iTunes account is set up to use Family Sharing with a different iCloud account than b@b.com. Learn More" appears. No ability to switch to a different family member, and no ability to see the list of purchases.

2. DigiTrance macrumors newbie

Family Sharing

I'm seeing a similar issue. I set up Family Sharing using my iCloud account, and added my wife to our Family Sharing group. If I go to App Store > Purchased on my phone, I see My Purchases, and my wife's purchases under a separate list (currently a blank list).

Yet on my wife's phone, if I go to App Store > Purchased I get the error message "This iTunes account is set up to use Family Sharing with a different iCloud account than b***. Learn More"

If I click on the Learn More link, it takes me to my wife's iCloud account, where I can confirm that her iCloud account is in fact set up with Family Sharing through my b*** email address, in contradiction to the error message.

In summary...

My Phone
    iCloud account: b***
    iTunes & App Store account: b***
    Can view purchased apps

My Wife's Phone
    iCloud account: e***
    iTunes & App Store account: e***
    Cannot view purchased apps

Removing and re-adding my wife from Family Sharing has not fixed this issue. Also tried completely signing out of iCloud and iTunes / App Store on my wife's phone, turning it off, turning it back on, and signing back into everything again. Still getting the App Store error when trying to view Purchased apps.