Family sharing help?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Rideherhard, Sep 17, 2014.

1. Rideherhard macrumors 6502

If I add family members will they be using my credit card for all their iTunes purchases ? If so is there any walk around? I want to add family but don't want to pay for their purchases.

2. SnowDX macrumors 6502

3. Rideherhard thread starter macrumors 6502

Thanks, that's good but still sucks.. Wished Apple let each account use its own credit card for purchases, I don't see why I shouldn't Beable to share my movies or music with family and them with me as if we bought the Blu Ray it'll be easy to just loan it to them.

4. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Each one of my family members have their own Apple ID when they set up their phones. They do not connect to mine. So, don't let them have access to your Apple ID and you should be good.

5. Rideherhard thread starter macrumors 6502

I dont understand? You have family sharing setup and you each use your own credit card and not that of the organizer?

6. pdxmatts macrumors 65816

pdxmatts

Oh sorry, No, I mis-read your title. We don't have family sharing. I thought you meant adding a phone line for them to your account. Disregard. Lol :eek:

7. dcorban macrumors 6502a

dcorban

The idea is for a head of household to manage everyone's purchases. It isn't so you can share your apps with your uncle or adult brother across town.