Family Sharing Help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by lexluthor, Sep 21, 2014.

1. lexluthor macrumors newbie

I had made a previous purchase of the Plex app under my apple ID well before Family Sharing started.

I'm part of a family share (not the organizer). My apple ID shows up as sharing apps on the other phones.

When I go to Plex in the appstore on a phone logged into a different itunes account, but one that's in the family share, Plex is showing up as a $4.99 download.

How do I download that for free on the other phones in the family share under their IDs?

2. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Some apps are marked "not shareable."

To check, look on your own phone under purchased and find that app. See what it says.

3. lexluthor thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks, but Plex says shareable. I should have noted that in my OP.

Any other ideas?

4. fanchee macrumors 6502a

fanchee

Ahhh, ok. On the other phone, in the App Store, click on purchased. You should see your own account show up there, as well. Click on that and download shareable apps from there, not directly from the App Store.

Hope that's it.

5. lexluthor thread starter macrumors newbie

Wow, that's really confusing. Who would know to do that.

Seems to have worked, though it was showing up under purchases for my wife's apple id, not mine. I was able to install it free though on my daughter's iphone.

But, looks like I really screwed something else up. On my wife's phone, I previously changed the family purchases ID to my apple ID. When I go into purchases on her phone, it says something like the family purchases ID doesn't match the icloud account and I see nothing at all under purchases. When I try to change it back to her account, it says cannot change account for 89 days.

Now what?

6. lexluthor thread starter macrumors newbie

Is there any way to resolve this?