General Family sharing help?

Discussion in 'iOS 9' started by .macbookpro., Sep 28, 2015.

1. .macbookpro. macrumors regular

Hi all
    I've been using Apple Music 3 month free trial, and tomorrow is the end of it. My sister and I both really like it , and if using a family plan, are willing to pay. However we both have our own accounts and don't want to be sharing anything other than the Apple Music.
    Is it possible to only be logged in to the family sharing for Apple Music and nothing else?

2. gsmornot macrumors 68030

gsmornot

You're either a family or you're not. Apple requires you to sign on to the family sharing to make use of the family pricing for music and along with this comes a few points that are shared among the members. I have family sharing setup for 4 of us here and each have our own iTunes accounts, iCloud accounts and for the most part all do our own things. We can see purchases the others make and I have ownership of the single credit card and charges but would anyhow. This can be turned off I believe so that purchases are all done individually. So, many parts yes you can act alone but in some ways you have to combine to be part of the family sharing.