Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ankaa

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 27, 2008
Hi,

I'm not completely sure this is in the right section of the forum - mods, please feel free to move it if it's not (maybe it does belong in iOS Apps?). So, here's my situation/problem and I hope to find some help.

My husband and I have family sharing with Apple music - he's in charge. We moved to the US from Europe a couple years ago but for whatever reason I'm not completely entirely sure about, kept the country as our original country. I think it was partly because of access to certain artists in Apple music. However, because of family sharing I'm also tied to that country.

Now, I have an iTunes/App Store gift card for the US that I'd like to use. I also do have another Apple account without family sharing with the US as the country (e.g. for purchases in the Apple Store). I also want to get certain Apps that aren't available in our original country's app store. Here are my questions in this regard.

If I briefly switch accounts on my phone, how will that affect everything else? Will I loose all the music I downloaded through Apple music?
What happens to the downloaded apps after I switch back?

Could he briefly switch our family account to US? What would happen to downloaded music from artists that aren't available on the American Apple Music? Any other drawbacks if that is an option?

Any other options? Am I missing something?

I'd just use my US account in an instance, but I don't want to loose any data nor make things very complicated afterwards.

Thank you very much in advance!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.