Family Sharing in GM

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Poob Bubes, Sep 10, 2014.

1. Poob Bubes macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

I put the GM on my wife's and my iPhones. All the advertised features seem to work except being able to see each other's devices in Find My Phone app. I assume the app will need to be updated before this will work? I just logged into the iCloud.com beta site and it shows up there.

As a side note, for some reason all that shows up in Find My Friends is her Apple ID email account. I can't associate it with an existing contact. I can add her name and a picture to it, but is seems like it is confined to Find My Friends and does not integrate with my contacts. On her phone, I show up normally with my name, pic, and it is linked to my contact entry on her phone.

Also, she does have access to my iTunes Match music in case anyone wondered about that.

2. Belmont31R macrumors 6502

Try going to messages, and open up a thread with just her and you in it. Then click on details, and see if her location shows up.

3. Poob Bubes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Yes, it shows her location and it correctly links her name to my Contacts entry for her. Checked back in Find My Friends after that and it still only shows her email address.

4. BrettDS macrumors 65816

Apple made a beta find my friends and find my iPhone app available to developers. If you install that then you can see all your family sharing devices. I'm sure that the App Store version will be updated on or before the 17th.

5. Poob Bubes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

Thanks for the info. I won't sweat it then.

6. bgro macrumors 6502a

How exactly does she have access to your iTunes Match? My wife is the primary family member and under my iPhone settings Match shows as "Renew iTunes Match"...there is no option to turn it on/off..just to renew.

7. Poob Bubes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

It just shows the switch toggled on and all the Music shows up in the app. Same thing on her iPad. Maybe because it was active on her phone before I did the upgrade? Did you upgrade yours or do a fresh install?

8. Poob Bubes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

I just did this on a fresh install. All you have to do is go into the iTunes and App Store settings and enter the ID that was used to purchase iTunes Match.

9. s.golod macrumors newbie

s.golod

Then you can't use Family Sharing (FS). FS require a different Apple ID for different family members (organizer, parent, kids).
    At this moment FS and iTunes Match incompatible - each family member must have it's own iTunes Match.

10. bripab007 macrumors 6502

!!!! That's huge!!!:eek:

EDIT: Nevermind, now I see that it's because she was signed in to iTunes Match using your account :-(

11. Poob Bubes thread starter macrumors 6502a

Poob Bubes

I am still using family sharing. All of the other features work fine like this.

12. bgro macrumors 6502a

I can confirm that iTunes Match does does not work with Family Sharing. Have everything set up "properly" (ie standard setup not sharing iTunes acccoiuts or anything). We each have our own app store credentials. iTunes Match sharing is not possible with this setup.