Family Sharing not able to set it up.

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bhigh8, Oct 8, 2014.

1. bhigh8 macrumors 6502

I cant even get connected. It asks for a card but i have plenty of itunes cards with money on them. According to Apple if i have cards with money i wont need a CC. just trying to get the damn thing set up and its taking too much effort

any ideas...

2. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

Are you saying "It asks for a credit card but i have plenty of itunes gift cards with money on them. According to Apple if i have gift cards with money i wont need a credit card. Just trying to get the thing set up"?

3. bhigh8 thread starter macrumors 6502

I am trying to set up family sharing. i go through the tutorial until it gets to a valid payment method is required. go to settings. then i select my apple id and i cant get past this part. I have the none item selected cause i currently have $40 on my itunes card. i cant get any further

4. AppleP59 macrumors 6502

Seems to me that you need a credit card to be linked.

5. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

You're not really missing much right now, anyway. It's kind of a mess. Many apps aren't shareable and most songs don't download.

But, my understanding is you have to have a CC associated with the main account, regardless of the presence of gift cards.