Family Sharing Questions

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by Dulcimer, Sep 18, 2014.

1. Dulcimer macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

Tried to find the answer to these questions online but found nothing:

1. Can you still pay using iTunes Store credit?
    2. Are hidden purchases visible to other family members?

Please answer if you've actually used it. Thanks!

2. Dulcimer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

No one is using Family Sharing yet and can answer these questions? Any help is appreciated!

3. xero9 macrumors 6502a

How do you hide purchases? I haven't been able to get the wife to update to iOS 8 yet or I'd test it out

4. AllergyDoc macrumors 65816

AllergyDoc

Not familiar with hidden purchases but sure, you can still buy with iTunes credit. You still have to have a credit card associated with the main account, though.

5. kmoreau48 macrumors member

kmoreau48

I am wondering the same thing. Also I want to share the purchased content of my family but not the credit card. What if my family members are all grown ups, i dont want to confirm their purchase with my credit card all the time. Is it possible for family members in family sharing to still use their own credit card or gift cards to make a purchase?

6. Dulcimer thread starter macrumors 6502a

Dulcimer

Before you had to go on the iTunes app on Mac and then on your account purchases section. With iOS 8 you can simply go on the App Store Purchased section and then swipe right (left?) and a red "Hide" button appears.

----------

So you are using Family Sharing and have made purchases with iTunesStore credit? Not with that shared credit card?

Also, do you get that notification about purchases/approval even if you buy with iTunes Store credit?

7. blairwillis macrumors regular

I'd like to add a question:

Can you belong to more than one Family Sharing group?

I'm thinking as a real example, a child of divorced parents, both of whom want to share purchases. Could the child belong to two groups?

8. fjfjfjfj macrumors regular

No. According to what I've read you can only below to one 'family' or group.

9. sflomenb macrumors 6502a

sflomenb

Not really related to family sharing, but this works on my iPad, but not my iPhone.

10. tpabrad macrumors regular

From what I can tell if the account is a regular account they have to have some form of payment assigned to the account. I logged my wifes account into iTunes after I added her to our family and it wouldn't let me go any farther until I added a method of payment. I just left the original account logged in because the payment would be the same anyways. My daughters child account did not require this though.