Family Sharing

Discussion in 'iOS 8' started by bisk, Oct 7, 2014.

1. bisk macrumors newbie

I've trying to setup Family Sharing for my family. I have my email address setup as the main account and I've added my wife successfully. The issue comes when I try to add my kids who are 9 and 7. They both have personal email addresses linked to Apple IDs. Is it possible to have them setup as child accounts so that I have to approve their purchases? In the Family Sharing setup on my phone I can see that you can create a Child Apple ID, but I have to use @icloud.com for the account, can I use a personal email address instead?

2. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Yes, you need to add it as a verified email to the icloud account first. I use only personal emails for all my accounts.

3. bisk thread starter macrumors newbie

Sorry for being stupid, but I logged into id.apple.com with my son's @iCloud.com email address, but I don't see where to add a verified email address.

4. Menel macrumors 603

Menel

Just do a normal invite from the iCloud Panel to their separate personal email. (don't create new)

When I added my wife's gmail, it defaulted into a child account, then I promoted her to an adult.

5. Stuke00 macrumors 68000

How did you set them up with Apple ID's if they are under 13?