Family Upgrading to iPhone - Seek Advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by lego8, Jul 6, 2009.

1. lego8 macrumors regular

lego8

Hi,

Before I pose my question, let me explain my situation:

Currently we have 3 iPhones and 2 iPhone plans with ATT. One family member just bought a 3GS, so his 3G is now idle. I, myself, have a 3G. That makes 3 iPhones. What we want is to move an existing ATT wireless (non-iPhone) account to the idle iPhone and upgrade my iPhone 3G to a 3GS (keeping the same number). Then, we want to move another existing ATT wireless (non-iPhone [BlackBerry]) account to my 3G. This would make our plan 4 iPhones in all; 2 3G and 2 3G S.

I'm wondering if there's any iPhone family plan that could match our needs in this scenario.

Thanks in advance,
    lego8

2. d21mike macrumors 68040

d21mike

Not sure about your question. I assume what you want is a normal family plan where you share the voice minutes (depending on how many minutes you need). After that "each" iphone must have a $30 unlimited data plan. After that you may want to get the unlimited text message plan for $30 per month that all can share. I have 4 iPhones (2 3g and 2 3gs) and that is what I do.

3. lego8 thread starter macrumors regular

lego8

Can I upgrade my current 3G to a 3GS for a lower price? And can I do all this at an ATT wireless store?

4. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

My understanding and personal experience of upgrades is that they are tied to a certain number.

I have upgraded line 1 and put the iPhone (and subsequent plan) on line 2 with no problem.

The only difference with line 1 is that the plan contract (not phone/data contract) is renewed for another two years.

There is one ATT store I 'trust' and I trust both Apple stores in my area. I would start at the Apple store nearest you.